WE ARE HERE FOR YOU – Here’s what we are doing during this time to keep business moving forward
GCMI remains focused on the health and well-being of our customers and in that spirit we are sharing guidelines for our facilities, recommended by various health organizations as it relates to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As policies and guidelines are adjusted to minimize the spread of any virus, it’s important that our customers, visitors and employees are aware of any changes which might impact your engagement with GCMI in the near future. All of this information, along with additional guidance and resources, can be found on this webpage. We also be sending out routine email updates.
Keeping Customers Safe
Clients need to feel safe while at GCMI. We have put in place additional cleaning efforts at our facility and are ensuring that we are regularly wiping down and cleaning high contact surfaces with appropriate disinfecting solutions which kills viruses. To keep everyone safe, we ask our contractors, visiting or resident clients and GCMI employees to follow the same guidelines as stated below
- First – do not plan to travel to our facility if you are experiencing any symptoms. Please inform us via phone or email.
- If you are recovering from a normal cold or flu please wear a face mask.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds at least. Sing the ABC or Happy Birthday song twice!
- Refrain from shaking hands at this time; fist pump, elbow touch, bow or a Namaste will do.
- Stay at home or your hotel if you are not feeling well, have a temperature that exceeds 98.6 degrees or are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into tissues or your elbows.
- Hand sanitizers are not a replacement for hand washing, but if you use them, make sure you rub your hands together until the sanitizer is dry. Do not let them air dry. Contact time is key!
- And again, Wash your hands!
We are currently following the CDC mandated travel instructions, however please follow the guidance of your employer and inform us in advance if you are unable to travel.
Our facilities are conveniently located in midtown Atlanta, just 15 minutes from the world’s busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
If you have recently travelled to CDC Level 3 areas (mainland China, South Korea, Italy and Iran), as well as Japan, please follow the CDC guidelines before visiting our facility. Per the guidelines you are required to undergo quarantine at your permanent home residence for a minimum of 14 days prior to visiting our facility.
If you have a preclinical study, bioskills training or a meeting for a design and development or accelerator project planned for the months of March and April, please inform your contact at GCMI if there are any changes required. We understand that your individual company may have its own travel restrictions, and our team will work with you to reschedule your study if needed.
Keep in mind, your team/physician does not have to be here to complete the work. Our expert staff that includes contract physicians, may be able to execute the study procedure independently while you work remotely.
We will continue to monitor the national and global impacts of the coronavirus, recognizing that the situation is fluid, and we anticipate that future policy changes or guidelines may be required over the coming weeks. We will post updates on this page and continue to post coronavirus notices as part of our meeting communications emails.