The World Stem Cell Summit (WSCS) will convene its 12th annual meeting from December 6-9, 2016 in West Palm Beach, Florida. The WSCS Annual Meeting is the premier opportunity to keep up with state of the art advancements in stem cell research, translation and application. We are confident the 2016 edition will meet this high standard.
The WSCS is one of the largest gatherings of experts and innovators in the field of cell based therapies. Researchers, industry leaders, regulators, investors, clinicians and patients will all be on hand to provide insight, gain knowledge and forge new relationships. 2016 also marks the 5th edition of the Japan Symposium, highlighting new advancements spurred by Japan’s innovative regulatory climate.
“While many studies of [iPSCs] function in vitro have been performed, transplant studies are still scarce in rodent models and rare in large animals. There needs to be considerable progress in that area.” –Kevin Eggan. Harvard University (taken from 10 Questions: Clinical Outlook for iPSCs- Cell Stem Cell Vol 18 issue 2 Feb 2016)
During the 2016 World Stem Cell Summit, Robert Russo, Preclinical Testing Program Manager, will represent T3 Labs meeting with industry and academic leaders while keeping up with latest in regulatory aspects of stem cell and regenerative clinical trials and applications.
Sessions on the WSCS 2016 program that have our attention
Moving beyond rodents, T3 Labs works with leaders from all aspects of the cell therapy field to develop and validate large (and small) animal models for the in vivo evaluation and optimization of cell based treatments.
- Stem Cell Tracking in Horses and Other Large Animals (Dec. 8th 11:00-12:30)
Staying current on federal and international regulations for truly global collaborations.
- FDA Oversight in Regenerative Medicine: What are the Options to Accelerating Translation? (Dec. 7th 9:00-10:00)
- 5th Annual Japan Symposium (Dec. 8th 12:10-1:30)
- Overcoming Translational Hurdles (Dec. 8th 2:30-3:30)
In this field, things are not as straightforward as sterilize and implant. Cellular and regenerative technologies require specialized techniques and technologies to properly implement.
- Pluripotency & Differentiation (Dec. 7th 10:30-11:30)
- Scaffold Evolution – Material Modification – Adaptive Technology (Dec. 7th 11:30-12:30)
- Determining Cell Safety for Therapy (Dec. 8th 9:30-10:30)
- Cell Expansion Considerations – Science, Regulatory and Equipment SOP Considerations (Dec. 8th 1:30-2:30)
- Regenerative Medicine in the Operating Room (Dec. 9th 11:00-12:00)
- Immuno-Oncology: State of the Art (Dec. 9th 2:30-3:30)
T3 Labs is an active partner in community outreach STEM education, informing the public and inspiring the next generation of innovators.
- What Patients and their Families Need to Know
Before Getting a Stem Cell or Regenerative Medicine Treatment (Dec. 6th 9:00-10:00)
- Cells Unleashed from the Chains of Gravity: Mind Bending Science from the U.S National Lab on the International Space Station (Dec. 6th 10:15-11:00)
You can access the full WSCS 2016 program here.
If you specialize in developing cell therapies, be they devices, drugs, combination devices, or if you just want to talk about the latest innovation, we want to connect with you! Contact T3 Labs Executive Director D. Andrew Stevenson (Andrew.email@example.com) or Preclinical Testing Program Manager Robert Russo (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a meeting at 2016 World Stem Cell Summit!